Export a CSV File from the ACT Database
To export a CSV file from the ACT database:
- Open the ACT database that contains the contacts you want to export. If you do not want to export the entire database, perform a look up of the contacts that you want to export.
- Choose the File menu.
- Point to Data Exchange and click Export.
- The Export Wizard displays. In the File type list box, select Text - Delimited.
- Click the Browse button next to Filename and Location. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Type a file name in the File Name box and change the Save as Type to Text - Delimited (.csv). Click Save and then click Next.
- Click Contact records only, and then click the Options button. The Export Options dialog box displays.
- In the Select Field Separator group box, check Comma.
- In the Do You Want to Export Field Names? group box, check Yes, export field names, then click the Okay button.
- Click Next. Select which contact records you want to export.
o Current Record exports only the currently selected record.
o Current Lookup exports only the current lookup.
o All Records exports all records in the database.
- Click Next.
- Change the field export order or remove fields from the export as desired. Ensure to export with e-mail addresses.
- Click Finish to begin the export.
Did this answer your question?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
100% of people found this helpful.