Personal Information Can't be included in Nonprofit Mailpieces
Personal information is defined by the USPS as information specific to the addressee, and can not be sent in nonprofit rate mailpieces. A customer support ruling was issued that defined some specific pieces of information as personal. These items are:
1. The amount of the addressee's previous contributions.
2. The total amount of donations by the addressee for the previous year.
3. The curation of the addressee's membership.
4. The expiration date of the addressee's membership.
5. The birthdate, occupational title and similar personal information about the addressee.
6. The age, ethnicity, gender or other demographic characteristics of the addressee, or a medical condition of the addressee or family members.
7. The region, metropolitan area or neighborhood where the addressee lives.
8. The addressee's polling place, precinct, electoral district or elected political representatives.
9. The number of members or supporters of the mailer in the area where the address lives.
If you have additional questions, please contact Click2Mail Customer Support at 866-665-2787 or [email protected]. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 9 AM to 8 PM Eastern.